Participants as well as their agents or invitee shall hold harmless and indemnify Chinmaya Mission Washington Regional Center (hereafter referred to as the Mission), including its officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or members from and against any claim, loss, injury, damage, liability or any expenses including but not limited to attorney fees, court costs, etc, arising out of or in any way resulting from acts or omissions of the Mission’s officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, members, invitees for the duration of the program. This paragraph includes, but is not limited to defense and indemnity for any claim, suit, compliant or cross-compliant which may be brought against the Mission by any person or organization in conjunction with this agreement, regardless whether the Mission is negligent actively, passively, or in any way at all. Portions of this agreement that may be rendered unenforceable under the existing law at the time will not render other legally enforceable parts null or void.
The family’s contact information provided to the Mission will be used only for internal purposes. If any of this information is to be used in flyers, websites, or other publicity material, we will do so only with your permission. From time to time, for publicity purposes, CMWRC will publish photos of members taken at different Mission sessions or events, without identifying the members. If we have to identify the members, we will do so only with your prior permission.
All CMWRC summer camp video sessions will be recorded.
- Withdrawal On or Before June 1st, 2020: Full Refund (less $100 administration fee per child).
- Withdrawal On or After June 1st, 2020: No Refund.
- There is no refund on suspension from Camp due to a violation of any of the Camp policies.
Responsibility: Student are responsible for their own actions.
Respect: Students must respect themselves, other students and adults, youth volunteers, camp equipment, and the online environment.
Caring and Cooperation: Students will show kindness to their fellow students and adults, and abide by the rules established at camp. Honesty: Honesty will be the basis of all camp interactions.
We encourage all camp students to follow the Chinmaya Safety Pact:
- If someone makes you uncomfortable with their words or touch, tell a trusted adult.
- Beware of social media and bullies. Talk to a trusted adult if anything on social media or online is upsetting.
When a Camp student does not follow the behavior guidelines listed above, the Summer Camp Administrators and Lead Sevaks will take the following action/steps:
- Redirecting behavior (changing the student’s focus)
- Verbal redirecting behavior (“please stop…” or “please do….”)
- Remove the student from the activity.
Each time a student is required to be removed from an activity, a behavior incident report may be generated. A copy will be provided to the parent. If a third behavior incident report is generated, a lead sevak will call the parents to discuss the matter. If the behavior continues after the parent phone call, the student will be asked to not to log in to camp for a day. If the behavior continues, the student may be dismissed from the camp. Camp fees are non-refundable if a student is dismissed from camp for disciplinary reasons.
- Campers may use privately owned electronic devices (tablets or laptops) for activities as directed by camp staff and as set forth in this policy.
- Campers are expected to join virtual spaces with cameras on, microphones muted (unless otherwise directed by teachers or sevaks), and signed in with full name for the duration of the meeting.
- Campers are expected to practice appropriate camp student behavior in online settings, including on camera and in chatrooms.